...
Maksim (mak SEEM) and Ira (EER Ah) are usually brought out together, with Vala (VAHL ah) being brought out later, usually with a great flourish of excitement from her siblings.Vala is always a little stressed when first coming out, so Maksim is always there to comfort as a big brother should (OK, you can say 'AWWWWW' now.) :)

Maksim is pretty sharp, he figures out the juicebox setup pretty quickly. (Does every parent think that their kid is the smartest kid ever born?) :)

Here's papa helping Maks with is latest sand project. Today we learned the words 'sand', 'bucket', 'shovel', and 'sit down'.

Is this cute or what?!

When in the sandbox, Ira is all business.

Future Chiefs fan in the making. He really likes wearing papa's hat.

I'm sure most of you who are parents already can appreciate the level of effort it took to herd all the cats into one picture, but we finally got it done! :)
9 comments:
How absolutely DARLING! They are SO lucky and blessed to be getting you as parents.
The joys are just beginning....
Kristy
John and JoEllen or should I say "Papa and Mama"- we are loving these pictures and stories.
Yes- we can relate to the effort it took to get EVERYONE in the same picture and it looked wonderful!
We are thankful that John is feeling better and we'll keep praying for quick healing.
JoEllen- what are you having the kids call you?
You say you have learned some of their words have they learned any English?
It is great that you have these visits and time to get to know them. They are adorable and I am impressed at how you already have learned so much about their little characters and personalities.
Wow, just think you'll be just like us- 2 girls and a boy with the boy as the oldest!
Well, we'll keep praying and waiting with anticipation for the next post.
Much love and blessings,
Amy
Great photos - the children grow more adorable every day! I can't wait to see one of Valentina smiling, though!
Hi, John and JoEllen! I am just now getting to the blog, and I am so thrilled for you all! I'm walking through your experience, remembering our amazing adoption adventure, knowing that God is gonna bless your socks off!!!
I was going to take a bunch of clothes to a consignment sale this weekend, but since I found out about your kids, I'll save them for you. Come over and 'shop' in our closet!!! Our kids are 3-5-6, so a lot of it should work for you!
Take care!
Teri Curp
Once again I am reaching for the kleenex. Your family is absolutely beautiful. I am very excited to meet these awesome children. The names you have chosen are great. We will continue to keep you prayer, not only for the adoption process but for John's health. Love and miss you!
The Bell's
Just got ypur blog today at work. Paula saw it first. I forwarded it to people who I know will view and more importantly PRAY for the 5 of you. What a thrill! God obviously is confident that you can handle what is ahead by leaning on Him of course. The pictures are fabulous. BTW Irina is one of my favorite Russian names. Many famous Irinas and now one more. God bless. Karen P
I can't believe how many memories these pictures are bringing back. And there are so many positives... like the way that Maksim is caring for his sister... unbelivable that they are loving and caring for each other! It's a great sign that the bonding with you will come easier! Our prayers continue to be with you....that you will be able to find all the right ways to comfort them and understand them... that they will learn to trust you...especially Valentina...and that you can enjoy each precious moment with them. I loved seeing John at the sandbox! God has great things in store for your family....and we count it a blessing to be sharing this journey with you! Alisha has already fallen in love and wants to be a momma's helper! Thanks for the updates...especially the long ones! Karen
I'm enjoying reading your blog. The kids are beautiful!!! I'm so excited for all of you. Saying lots of prayers for you. Tiffany
Karen H - tell Alisha she's hired! I have a feeling I'll need LOTS of help when we get home and John has to go to work!
JoEllen : >
Post a Comment