Yesterday we just lounged around since there are no visits on Sundays, it was a nice, quiet and lazy day off. Today we got to play indoors with all 3 kids as it's been lightly raining all day and probably will the next few days as well. It's in the high 50s, so fall has definitely arrived here in the Ukraine, it's in the low 50s back in Kiev.
Our attorney popped into the playroom while we were there with the kids, and had us sign a bunch of papers for either the SDA approval which happens today, or for the docs he'll hand over to the court tomorrow. I assume that's what the signatures were for, we may have just signed over our house and cars to him for all I know. :) Anyway, please pray that the process will wrap up quickly and we'll get a court date soon. We're really getting a bit homesick and we're running up a pretty hefty tab here at the hotel...guess I'll need to sell lots of BBQ when I get home. Marina says after the papers are handed over to the court tomorrow, we will be assigned a judge to our case. Maybe we'll find out our court date after that, I dunno. Oh well, we're just in a holding pattern of eating, sleeping and visiting in the meantime.
Sorry but I didn't take any new still photos inside today, I decided instead to get lots of camcorder footage for the trip movie I'll produce when we get home. That was hard enough to do while keeping the 3 munchkins from stealing other kids' drinks and toys. We found that the best currency of discipline for Maks and Ira is probably going to be "time outs," a very difficult thing to enforce in our current surroundings and with the language barrier. But they let it be known that they really don't like it (holding them in your lap for a few minutes), so we'll bear that in mind for when we get back to KC with home field advantage.
Well, that brings us up to date. Eat some BBQ for me this week, I really miss it!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Calvin and I had some good BBQ yesterday (not as good as yours!). You are all in our prayers and may God continue to keep you safe and healthy and move this process in "fast forward" so you can get home and back to normal. Enjoy this journey - you will be home before you know it. We love the updates so keep them coming! In case you haven't heard our beloved Chiefs lost again. It was so bad we didn't watch it. Love - Calvin and Doris
Have you received any information regarding Roman? Sounds like he's fallen off the face of the earth. You didn't mention him in your Monday blog. Can't wait to have you home. John, I want to be first to buy some BBQ !!!! We so enjoy it, and we've missed it! Judy S
Definitely looking forward to the next update. It sounds like you are in a hurry-up and wait phase of the process.
Chances are my adaption of Murphy's Law will probably occur shortly:"Everything that can happen will happen, and all at once!" Get as much rest as you can manage and try to enjoy this working vacation of yours!
Just an FYI John- The planning on the Halloweenie roast is in full swing and we already have 3 teams signed up!
What fantastic family pictures! So cute.
So, is Valla potty-trained, or will you soon be changing diapers in an airplane bathroom? (If she is potty-trained, I want lessons on how they did it that fast!)
What an adventure -- I can't wait to hear more stories!
Post a Comment