Oops, found one I forgot to post while in Kiev:
Random blurbs:
- On clothing - a man wearing white dress shoes is Ukrainian. A man wearing white sneakers is American. Polos and Dockers are US/Brit, mom jeans are apparently universal. Some Ukrainian women wear tight clothing, most wear high heels, and walk everywhere in them.
- On cars - here in the city, most of the cars seem to be new, and some are really big and/or expensive. We’ve seen several Toyota Land Cruisers, Lincoln Navigators, lots of Hondas and Volkswagens (larger cars), and one Maserati. Wow.
- On television – the So You Think You Can Dance, Funniest Animal Videos and American Idol/Pop Star television shows apparently transfer very well to other cultures.
- On laundry – our apartment has a new washer, which is great. I don’t think dryers exist in Ukraine, though. Even the newest nicest apartment buildings have clotheslines on the balconies. Anyone want to make a fortune by opening Laundromats in Ukraine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pappa John & Mama Jo! Thanks for the invite to read your blog. Wow! We have an awesome GOD and I'm thrilled to read you're over in Europe. I'll continue to pray for HEALING, geez John, this trip was about THE KIDS! :o) I can imagine some of your pain having dealt with somewhat the same issue falling & twisting about 2 months ago. Not a GOOD thing! Anyway, Jo, I like reading about your bribes and all.. you're going to have to come up with some MORE things though. How 'bout a PS3 for Alexander? That is if John hasn't gotten one yet. Ok, I'll let you go. Blessings from the CA connection. Love ya, Miss ya.
Hi John and JoEllen,
Hope the back is better. Those kids are little darlings! I meant to get on sooner, but the computer(possibly the operator) had technical difficulties. This is really exciting. I am so happy for you both. Take care and I will be praying for you.
God bless,
Twana
Post a Comment