Friday, October 3, 2008

Last post from Kiev

Hey everybody, sorry no photos this time. The train we needed to get on was sold out, so we flew a domestic airline from Donetsk to Kiev. That was quite the adventure, trying to get through a Ukrainian airport without signs in English. But we made it, and strangely enough we're back for a couple of nights in the exact same apartment we started out in. Yes, with the five flights of stairs. Sigh. So we hiked up the hill to the President Hotel again for the internet access.

An update on medical info - John's back is doing MUCH better than it was 3 weeks ago. He's getting around fine. The last night in Donetsk I apparently picked up an eye infection (in both eyes, darn it), so please pray for that to heal quickly. I'm wearing my glasses, so I can't see as well as I normally can, and both eyes are very very red. Kind of scary looking. We were able to go to the pharmacy in Donetsk before we left, and got a prescription from the pharmacist there. It looks like the same stuff I have at home, too.

So that's the scoop from Ukraine. We'll be home Saturday evening, ready to recuperate for awhile. We've really appreciated all the prayers and all the posts for Adoption 2008, Round 1!

JoEllen : >

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you guys have a safe and quiet trip home!

Unknown said...

JoEllen, I hope your eyes are back to normal soon. I know you will be ready to rest for a while. The gang here wants to get together for lunch one day before you go back to the Ukraine to pick up the children so give me a call. Take care. Judy

Unknown said...

Hope you all have an easy trip home. It will be nice to rest up and get things organized for the kids. JoEllen, if you need help getting their rooms ready or whatever, just give me a call. You know how much I love to shop and decorate ... as long as I get my Starbucks first. :) But seriously, I'm here if you need a hand. I can't wait for you all to get your adorable family under one roof!

We'll see you soon.

Kristy said...

I have the roast on and am ready to through in noodles for you two! Let me know when....

Kristy