Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Donetsk Again!

Hey everybody -

We're in Donetsk, and got here to the hotel without incident - if you don't count the taxi driver that drove like he was James Bond. Seriously. And after we get home I may never get on an airplane again. Just kidding. Sort of. I don't mind flying (love the takeoffs!), but really hate that sardine-in-a-tin-can feeling.

We're here at the Atlas (same hotel), but our room is a little higher up so we have a better view out our window. Surprisingly, it got dark about 4:30 pm. Guess I should verify if my watch is correct. Somebody on one of the planes told us that Ukraine has already done the fall back/daylight savings thing, so I'm not actually sure what time it is.

After we got here we were going to try to go to the large supermarket we went to in September, to pick up a few toys and basic supplies, but 15 minutes after we arrived (and 5 minutes after hogging all available clothing space, ha) John laid down and went to sleep. So I guess we're not going anywhere today. We'll catch up by phone with our translator Marina tonight, to see what the game plan is for tomorrow. Our court appointment is at 4 pm tomorrow, so that's the next step in the process to pray for.

In the meantime, we'll just veg out in our room for awhile. More details later!

JoEllen : >

4 comments:

Tim Hange said...

Congrats on a safe arrival...did they clap this time?! We are doing the packing thing tonight... so dream about us while we are NOT sleeping! :) We'll keep you in our prayers during court...I am sure everything will go fine. When we went to court, the electricity went out...it was a little unnerving for us, but everyone else went on...business as usual! As always...it just adds that much more excitement to the adventure...someday soon you are going to be able to tell your kids some GREAT bedtime stories! Enjoy your rest! Karen

Unknown said...

It is great to hear you have arrived safely. I will keep you in prayer during your court visit. Keep us posted. I know you are so excited. Love ya. Judy

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are back in familiar surroundings again. With the court date tomorrow, it sounds like things are moving along briskly.

John, your old hard-drive was smashed and shattered like glass at the Cyber-Security event today. I watched as it was destroyed along with six others. You would have enjoyed the process immensely.

Susan said...

Yeah! You're in the home stretch now -- literally. Praying for you as you go to court. Package was mailed and I have the tracking number ... now you just need to get the three new packages home.

Enjoy the adventure and take pictures! Love you guys -- Susan